From instagram: today's morning skin care products



I bought the Benton skin care line at W2beauty during the Black Friday sale, but I only opened the products today! I purchased a Benton skin care full-size starter set: toner, essence, hydrating gel, face cream, and 10 sheet masks.

I was really pleased with my W2beauty experience: with the 10% discount and the discounted starter set pricing, the cost was on par with the "cheaper" Asian beauty sites, and the owner Alice was pleasant and responsive when I had questions over email. My products arrived 15 days after the shipment confirmation date and they arrived with nine samples! I also love the gratuitous usage of emoticons in the site's auto-generated emails when you make a purchase; even though it's the same for everyone, it really felt personalized. I will be happy to purchase more products from her.

Pictured,  from left to right (also the order that I used the products):

Trader Joe's Nourish All-in-one facial cleanser - After wetting my hands and face, I lather a half-pump of the gel in my hands before lathering all over my face for about 30 seconds. Then I wet my Clarisonic Mia and brush my face in light circular motions before rinsing with warm water. I have been using this for a few weeks as my foaming cleanser and I like it. It leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean but not tight (and it definitely does not feel hydrating). I have heard that this is made by one of the "big name" dermatologists, and though the internet likely knows the answer I suspect it is Perricone MD: the smell reminds me a bit of the overwhelming Chanel No. 5 scent of his cleanser (which I used for a year back in 2009!).

Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner - I poured a few drops of the clear watery liquid into my palm (the bottle has a typical toner cap with a tiny hole), rubbed my hands together gently, and patted the toner all over my face. It absorbed quickly without leaving a too-dry sensation on my skin.

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence - I pumped one full pump of the clear gel on to my fingers, rubbed my fingers together, and patted all over my face. This absorbed quickly without leaving my skin feeling taut. 

Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel - I used one and a half pumps of this clear gel: the first full pump was enough for my cheeks and chin, but I needed an additional half pump for my forehead. I loved how lightweight and hydrating all the Benton products felt, especially before applying a cream style moisturizer.

Trader Joe's Enrich moisturizing face lotion - My sister started using recently this so I tried her bottle today. It has two chemical sunscreens and the consistency was a bit thicker than I expected (more cream-like than a runny lotion), but it absorbed quickly without feeling oily. I squeezed a less-than-pea-sized amount of the white lotion on to my fingers, rubbed my fingers together, and patted it all over my face.

Josie Maran argan oil - I have been using this same bottle for over a year…. Argan oil generally has a shelf life of about two years, but I swear it is taking me forever to use this up, even though I have been trying different methods of layering or mixing with other products! I patted one drop over my cheek and chin, and another drop over my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment